Spirit Film Festival Terms & Conditions
Eligible formats include narrative, documentary or animation 3-20 minutes in length.
The Spirit Film Festival channel will launch on September 20th at consciousgood.com. The channel will feature approximately 30 films streaming on-demand with information about each filmmaker. All of these films will be eligible for the Audience Award.
From these 30 films, the Festival selection committee will select approximately twelve films to comprise the Spirit Film Festival Finalists Films to tour the globe via Conscious Good’s Studio Series and compete for the Juried Awards.
The twelve films will screen in front of a Live Audience on December 5th at the Laemmle Monica. After the screening, the Juried Prizes will be awarded and there will be a reception for all to attend.
1. You hereby grant to The Conscious Good (TCG), who is the organizer of the Festival, permission to screen the film during the Festival and the Festival’s world tour, and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of TCG.
2. You have obtained signed releases in relations to copyright and all other rights now known from all cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3. The film contains no material which is obscene, libelous or defamatory.
4. You have obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film, if required.
5. You will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
6. You hereby indemnify TCG against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
7. You have read, understood and agree to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Festival.
8. You understand and agree that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film.
9. You hereby give TCG a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use your name, photograph, logo and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
10. You understand that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that you submitted to the Festival and confirm that you have retained at least one other copy of the film.
11. You understand that TCG accepts no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
12. You understand that there are no fees due to you for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of your film to the Festival and accept that TCG is under no obligation to pay you any sums.
13. You agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. You further understand and agree that the judges are not obliged to give you any feedback regarding the film.
14. You confirm and warrant that you are the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the film and have full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. You further warrant that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the films and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
15. You agree that any legal dispute between you and the organizers of the Festival will be heard in courts in Boulder County, State of Colorado and that the laws of Colorado shall govern all disputes.